Welcome to Season 2 of the Touchy Subjects Podcast!
In this episode, Erin opens up about her healing journey from religious trauma and how embracing deconstruction changed her life. She shares personal stories and insights into the toxic culture within the church, the importance of recognizing pastors as flawed humans, and the need to prioritize mental health and well-being.
Content Warning: This episode contains discussions around spiritual abuse, religious trauma, and sensitive topics. Listener discretion is advised.
In this episode, Erin discusses:
- Her upbringing in a Church of God family and the conditioning and legalism they faced.
- The impact of unhealed child trauma on her emotional, mental, and physical well-being.
- Her struggle with an unhealthy attachment to work, finding worth through productivity, and the need to embrace self-worth independent of achievements.
- The importance of deconstructing belief systems and conditioning to become better humans.
- The need to prioritize humans over institutions in the church for positive change and healing.